Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Happy 75th Birthday to my Grand Grandfather!

So this weekend my family and I celebrated my grandfather's 75th birthday! We planned a surprise birthday party for him with all the family at his house. My uncle took my grandparents out to a nice dinner and when they arrived home they were greeted by all the eager great grandkids! It was such an amazing and touching day watching the joy on my grandfather's face and knowing that it meant everything in the world just to have his family surrounding him. My grandfather has always been such a guiding light to me and to our entire family. He has the most incredible qualities and was always the man I put every other man in my life against. I am so thankful to have found a man that has those same outstanding qualities I see in my grandfather and the love he has for his family and his wife.
I wanted to share this post because although this is a blog about projects and organizing and being a mommy, at the end of the day, family is everything and it is moments like this that we should all cherish and take advantage of.
I handmade the Happy Birthday Banner to match the color scheme. I ordered the cake from the wonderful Donna Foley who made my wedding cake. I told my grandparents a couple of weeks ago I was doing a school project and needed old photos of the family and them and made two poster boards with a 7 and a 5 of the family through the years. I got the idea off Pinterest:)

So here are some pics. Hope you enjoy and see the love that our family has for each other...through all the chaos, we are all in support of each other and the love is always there!
























~Rachel









No comments:

Post a Comment