Tuesday, February 28, 2012

~Cowgirl Baby Shower!~

So I have been a busy busy lady! I am really trying to make a point to post but my weeks with work, school and life get crazy and I don't always get a chance to post every day or every week. But I will get consistent. I promise. This post is to capture all the stuff I worked on for my best friend Melissa's baby shower. This shower has been in the works for the last 3 months. I first found some of my ideas for this shower on a wonderful blog by Christy Robbins. Check her out at:
http://christyrobbins.blogspot.com

So let's start with her invitations. When my son turned one I found a great lady that does amazing work at custom invitations and announcements and she made such an impact on me that I had to use her for these invitations.

If you ever want to see her work and what she can do you can check her out here! I will be using her for all my parties in the future...at least until I learn to do as great a job as she does. So she sent me the PDF for this invite for $20 and I had a $20 shutterfly promotion card from getting Photos with Santa for Grason at the mall, so I ended up spending $20 on about 50 invitations.

So I did a dessert table with 5 different desserts, Hay Bales (rice krispy treats), Sherriff's Sugar Cookies, Buckeyes, Boots and Spurs (chocolate boots),  and miner's gold (lemon heads in mini burlap bags).





I made the bags myself by finding a template on google and using a $20 sticker making machine I purchased at Walmart. It was super easy. The signs for all the buckets were made special for me by Andrea from Etsy. To check out her site go here.
I used the candy molds for the boots and cowgirl hats and candymelts to make the decorations for the cupcakes. They were a huge hit! And it was a nice personal touch that I thought of on my own and didn't find on a site. I love getting ideas from others but it is nice to be creative and make something wonderful all on my own too!

I also did a welcome table for the shower where I displayed a diaper shower cake I made for my bestie! I will post a DIY how to on these one day. I make them often and they are really quite easy. Practice makes perfect:) Also displayed were horse die cuts for guests to write a special note to baby Kayden so Melissa can put them in a scrapbook for her and a frame for them to write a note to her. The banner was purchased from the etsy shop Cutnpaper. To check her out go here.

And here are the photos of the room with the food and seats for guests.





Maybe one day I'll be a professional party planner! I truly love to do these things and this particular project was that much more special because I got to share what I love to do with my best friend and make her special day so amazing! I truly love her and she is like a sister to me so I hope she knows that I tried to make this day so special for her and for Kayden.

Hope everyone enjoys!

~Rachel



1 comment:

  1. Sorry I couldnt be there...but everything you did looks great...you really have a talent for this stuff...you could be a wedding planner and a party planner on the weekends for extra money....love you.

    ReplyDelete