Thursday, April 5, 2012

Much needed mommy and G time!

So Thursday B was out of town with the girls for some allergy tests. I was at work and that morning Grason had woken up a little cranky, which is not normal for him...this kid is the happiest kid when he wakes up. So I knew something was up. I took his temp and he was fine so off to school we went.
About 2:30pm his daycare called and said he had a fever of 102.5. I picked him up and gave him motrin. Two hours later...fine. He never had a fever again. But, he can't go to daycare until he has been fever free for 24 hours....so I think it was just God's way of telling me that I needed a break to spend some much needed time with my precious boy!

We slept in this morning until 8am!:) (usually up by 6:30am). Then we had some breakfast together....G had his favorite...cinnamon french toast sticks and MIIIILLLLKK! (that's how he says it)
Mommy had wheat toast with butter and strawberry jam. Then we got dressed together while watching our favorite Nick shows and brushed our teeth (g's fav thing to do).

We went to see Daddy at work so I could pick up the stroller that was in the back of his truck...then we headed off to Once Upon a Child to get rid of some stuff...our course they barely took anything and offered next to nothing for what they would accept...sometimes I wonder why I even go there. Yard sale time I guess.

It was time for lunch so G and I met Nana to eat and G had a complete meltdown before I could even sit him down...so I trucked him and I back out to the car, grabbed his DVD player, went back inside and it was a peaceful lunch with G glued to the screen while stuffing french fries dipped in ranch dressing in his mouth.

Then we went to our favorite grocery store ever, Harris Teeter...we grabbed what we needed, G flirted with our cashier and we headed back home for naptime. Seriously, I was ready for a nap by then too...but I go started working on some of Gs projects for his birthday and never took a nap.
But Aunty Trisha came over to help work on some of the projects and it was great to see her...been too long...

All in all, it was a great day and I enjoy these little moments where I get to love on my little man all day long...I work full time and school full time so it's nice sometimes to be able to just put that all aside to have some QT with my sweet baby boy.

I love you Grason!

**I so love this kid...I love the way he sleeps with his butt in the air, his hands underneathe his chest and hi feet crossed over one another, mouth hung open...Ahh, I just love this kid!


~Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment