Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Grason's Weekly Schedule

So I have been wanting for some time to put together a schedule for Grason to keep him on a good routine after daycare and before bedtime each night. Finally I have done it. I am sure I might tweak this a bit in the future but for now this will do. All I did was go into Microsoft word and find a chore list template. Then I just changed the information to meet my needs, added some prettier font and attached some clip art that applied to one of his tasks.
Then I laminated it with my laminating machine ( love this thing! if you don't have one, get one). I ordered mine off Amazon for like $20 with a discount I found off http://www.couponing101blog.com/. She is always posting great deals so make sure you stop by and check her out.
Once I was finished laminating, I simply attached it to an extra clipboard I had handy and put a dry erase marker on top and it sits in the bathroom for me to check off when we accomplish each task.

I love this project because not only does it help me provide the structure that Grason needs on a daily basis when I do finally get to spend time with him ( I work out of the house), but it also helps me to stay focused on him and devote that one on one time to each task instead of trying to do 20 things at one time. It has been a huge blessing already and it's only been a week! Try one for your kids! Not only will you appreciate it, but they will too! Kids want structure:)

Cheers,

~Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment