Monday, February 13, 2012

My love weekend....

Okay, so this weekend was a very busy weekend, and I promise I am going to start posting every day instead of every few days or once a week. I know that I am slacking but between school, work and Grason life is pretty crazy. Okay, so my hubby was out of town this week for work so he didn't get back til Saturday which meant we needed a much needed night out.
So I took it upon myself to plan a nice evening out to celebrate Valentine's Day early since it's on a Tuesday and let's just face it, that's not happening! Lol
We went to a nice dinner at The Barn restaurant, had a nice bottle of wine, went to see the new chicky movie "The Vow" and continued our wine drinking at home. Let me just tell you though, movie night on a Saturday at 8pm with every teenager in town is not so bueno. We did survive though!:)
So then, Sunday morning we went to church with our friend's Brent and Jennifer and had a nice lunch at Chili's and everyone came back to the house so Jennifer and I could work on the kid's Valentine's to send to daycare. So Maddy and Grason slept....err...Grason slept and Maddy hung out with me and Jennifer and the boys left to get away from craft time:)

So I successfully made all of Grason's invitations. It was very simple. I just bought the Avery 2" circle labels and with microsoft word wrote "Will you O'fish'ally be my Valentine?" and then took my cricut expression machine and cut a 3" flower out of yellow cardstock paper. I just attached the circle label to the middle of the flower and then glued it to the front of the goldfish bag. See pic below.
Then, to make it extra special, I took the same cute little foam sticker letters I got from Target $1 section and put every one of his classmate's names on the back of each one and cut a heart with the cricut and put from Grason.

Aww, I love these valentine's...I got the idea off of Pinterest! But of course we all add our own special touches! So if you have any little ones I think the goldfish idea is perfect!
Oh, and one more thing, Grason's valentine box for all the valentine's he will get tomorrow:) I didn't make this...well I bought the kit at Target for $5 and put it together so I kind of made it:)  But here it is!


Hope you all have a wonderful Valentine's Day with your kiddos and make the day extra special for them!

~Rachel

1 comment:

  1. I just wanna say that I love that you put "no bueno" :-D I love you!
    Love, Lee-Ann

    ReplyDelete