Wednesday, February 15, 2012

These kids must be hungry....

So I thought I would post a "mommy" post today instead of a project. I picked my son up yesterday from daycare and he had just been bitten by one of the other students in the class. We are required to fill out a form and sign it after the teachers fill it out explaining what happened and how the child was treated if they were injured. They do not however, tell you which child it was that bit your child, I guess because they don't want you to hold it against them or their parent or whatever. Obviously if the same child is continuously biting people then they would asked to leave the daycare but at this age kids bite.

I was just wondering if there are any other mother's out there reading this that have children that bite or have been bitten multiple times. My son has never bit anyone yet, but I'm nervous that by him being the "bitee" (this is the third time in this daycare he has been bitten) that he may develop that habit of biting because he thinks that is how he is supposed to express his anger or dislike for something or someone. I'm very interested in hearing other mommy's thoughts on this topic.

Thanks so much!

~Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment